Monday, November 5, 2007

Yikes

Be afraid, people. Be very, very afraid.

For I am apparently having Thanksgiving dinner at my apartment this year. And my family will be coming. And actually eating food that *I* cook.

Oh, crap.

Newsflash: I cannot cook. Here is a fairly accurate weekly menu of dinners served chez Gull:

Monday: Microwaved corn dogs (frozen, from a box). Corn (which also started out frozen). Pepsi for me, milk for the kids.
Tuesday: Kraft macaroni and cheese. (With hot dogs if I'm feeling extra energetic). Pepsi for me, milk for the kids.
Wednesday: Frozen pizza (Yay! A dinner with all four food groups!). Pepsi for me, milk for the kids.
Thursday: Ramen noodles. (The kids are with their dad Thursday nights, so I just cook up whatever doesn't take very long). Pepsi.

I think I can stop there... because you see where I'm going with this, don't you? I can't even make normal dinner items, like chicken or hamburgers. Meat that's not pre-cooked scares me a little bit because what if I don't cook it all the way though and someone gets salmonella and dies? Do you see my problem here? Cooking is DANGEROUS! Possibly even DEADLY!

*Sigh*

I can tell you one thing, though. The music? Will be FABULOUS.

No comments: