Monday, November 19, 2007

*Hugs*

Omigosh, I am the worst NaBloPoMo'er EVER. I swear I had the best intentions in mind when I signed up for this thing, but darn it, life keeps getting in the way. Sheesh. Anyway, yes, I admit that I SO don't rock at the bloggage. Moving on.

This morning, I got 16 hugs. From 16 different children. I l-o-v-e my job. I mean honestly, what could be better than reading a few stories to a group of kids, and in return getting a big hug from every single one of them. And these are kids in serious need of hugs. Most of them come from families who don't do the whole reading-aloud-at-bedtime (or any other time of the day, for that matter) thing. These little guys are seriously lacking in the attention department, and even though I'm not a social worker of any kind, and know nothing about these things, I DO have lots of love and attention to give. And really, I think that's all these kiddos need. I want to take them all home with me. *sad sigh*

In other news, yesterday Shaws' Guy and I walked three miles with his two black labs. It was freeeeeeezing out, but at one point, as we were walking past a swamp, I asked if we could stop because the sun was shining right on my face and I am in love with the sun. So we did stop, and even though our view was of an icky bog, it was an almost magical moment. *happy sigh*

Three days 'til Turkey Day!

No comments: