Monday, November 12, 2007

Tables are for lounging


So. Because I don't think I've officially introduced her yet... THIS is Ayla, our beautiful (and totally illegal) kitty.
She's on the kitchen table because, well, she's a cat, and cats do pretty much whatever the heck they want to do. She also meows at me every morning until I turn on the bathroom faucet so she can drink from it. And you know what? I totally do it. Every. Single. Morning. Yes, cats are independent and aloft, but I think that's part of the reason I love them so much. Maybe I envy that attitude juuuuuust a little.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night, the princess and I had the following conversation as we were driving home from my sister's house.
PrincessPants: Mommy, do you ever wish you had a boy?
Me: What?
PP: You know, like Auntie Shea is married to Uncle Paul, and Auntie Jenni is married to Uncle Tim. Do you ever wish you had a boy like they do?
That child is just way too perceptive sometimes, I'm telling you.

No comments: