Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Feeling saucy

Yesterday when I was dropping the little man off at daycare, I noticed a poster on the wall, listing the favorite Thanksgiving foods of each kid in the pre-school class. One said turkey (natch), another liked the stuffing. MY son's favorite thing? Bread and butter. Yeah, he's easy to please. However, I didn't feel toooooo bad when I noticed that one of his classmates had chosen apple juice. Little girl, it's your dream Thanksgiving every MORNING at my house!

Anyway, it made me think about what my answer would have been to the same question, and you know what? It's a toughie. I love turkey. I love stuffing. I love brown and serve rolls. I love mashed potatoes that are absolutely DROWNING in butter. However, I might just have to go with the thing I always save for last. Cranberry sauce. Not the homemade kind with the berries still in it. Bleckity blech. No, I'm talking store-bought jellied cranberry sauce. Oh, so yummy.

The thing is, does anyone ever buy this stuff when they're not going to eat it with turkey and stuffing? Do they buy it to eat with, say, mac and cheesse? Or hamburgers? I'm thinking not. Maybe... juuuuust maybe, I could start a new trend.

Bring on the cranberry sauce. Mmmmm.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

No comments: