Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Green with envy, right?

Last night, Shaws Guy came over, and immediately headed straight upstairs to the bathroom, closed the door, and turned on the fan.

"Huh," I thought. "Guess he's comfortable pooping at my apartment already. That's cool... I suppose." THEN, he turned on the shower. And I thought, "Oops, now he's getting all clean. Kind of weird, since he just got here and probably could have done that at HIS house, but whatever." I was talking to a friend about a semi-serious issue on the phone, and wasn't paying THAT much attention to what Shaws Guy was doing. A couple of minutes later, he came back downstairs and gave me a hug. I made him a peanut butter and fluff sandwich, vented about my day, and we looked some stuff up on the computer. (Exciting, I know). =P

Anyway, as we were about to head upstairs again, I noticed this big wrench-y looking thing sitting on the bottom stair. I looked at Shaws Guy with what I'm guessing must have been a pretty confused expression, and asked, "Why did you bring that in? Did you want to show it to me or something?" He shrugged, and said it must have been on top of his books and that he had brought it in without even noticing. This made sense to me, because Shaws Guy is a contractor, and those types are probably always carrying around random tools without even realizing what they're doing.

But something about it still didn't seem quite right. I mean, this wrench was HUGE. It wasn't like one of those teensy things you'll find in MY tool box (yes, I have a toolbox. My dad put it together for me one Christmas, and it has the essentials... hammer, nails, screwdrivers, wrench). No, it was fairly ginormous. How do you carry something THAT big into the apartment of the girl you're dating without noticing? It just doesn't seem possible. So I kept looking at him like, "Ok, mister... you might want to start explaining why you brought this big hefty wrench into my apartment at 8:30 pm..." and finally he gave in. Looking at me with a combination of embarassment, nervousness and a need for me to be ok with this, he said, "Your old shower head didn't work very well... so I replaced it. Is that ok? If not, I'll take it down... I saved your old one."

That's right, people. This guy I have only JUST started spending time with, got me a new shower head (with all kinds of cool settings, mind you) and INSTALLED it. Be still, my heart. And if it sounds like I'm joking, I'm totally not. That kind of thing will win over the biggest love skeptic.

He might just be a keeper. Stay tuned. =P

No comments: