Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer doldrums

So I've decided to try this posting-every-day-for-a-month thing once again, to see how it goes. However, I'm NOT signing up for NaBloPoMo because when I do, I feel all guilty when I can't manage to post daily. So there.

Anyway, can I just say that usually in the summer I am the happiest girl you could ever hope to meet? Bad stuff happens, and it just rolls right off me, because hey, it's summer. The sun's out, I have a tan, and I'm constantly out doing stuff. This summer, though? Not so much. I mean, I have my good days, and even some great ones. But on the whole, things just aren't going that swimmingly (ha. Did you catch my pun? Summer... swimmingly...).

So now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. Because summer will be over in a month (I do live in New England, after all, and summer here is entirely too fleeting). I simply refuse to spend what little bit of summer is left being down in the dumps. And that means actively changing things for the better. I'm just not exactly sure how to go about doing that...

I keep this other blog at Myspace (because I'm, like, totally a 16 year old girl, obviously) but I tend to keep that one upbeat because, seriously, who wants to read the thoughts of a morose person? Not me, that's for sure. So I'm sorry that this is the more depressing of the two blogs, but I've got to type this stuff SOMEWHERE.

Or I could just write it down, so NO ONE has to read it, but what's the fun in that? =P

No comments: